Legislative Management Committee
Functions, duties and powers of committee:
The committee may carry out the following works for discussion on the Bills and management of the Bills received to the National Assembly and measurement of the implementation of the Acts and study , research :-
1. the committee may make and apply directives, procedure, work-plan, and working schedule necessary in reference to discharging its responsibility under its jurisdiction in a systematic manner,
2. when the committee is discussing any subject, it may, if it deems necessary, solicit suggestions from the concerned party or representative of interest groups and also experts by inviting them .
3. with pre-approval of the Chairperson, the committee member may monitor and conduct study -visit of a place necessary in connection with the performance of the functions of the committee,
4. the committee may send for any documents relating to the subject from the concerned body or send for concerned person or government officials ,required for its function.
5. the committee may, if it is necessary, take the statement in writing of the person or government officials so send for ,
6. the procedure of taking statement shall be as determined by the committee,
7. the chairperson shall present each report passed by the committee to the House, if in session, within ten days.
8 within three months of expiry of a fiscal year, the committee shall prepare a report covering the work and activities carried out by it and present to the House ,
9. the concerned minister shall execute the report presented to the sitting,
10. the committee may present a report to the sitting after monitoring and evaluating whether its annual report is executed or not.